Monday, January 11, 2010

Jadot Savigny-les-Beaunes Blanc

Louis Jadot 
Savigny-les-Beaune
White Burgundy
Chardonnay
Beaune, France  
2002
13.5%
$19.10 -- Twin Liquors, Austin, TX

Color: Deep straw, a hint of peach
Nose: Tar, oak, sage, peppermint
Body: Medium
Front: Acetone, oak
Middle: Burnt apricot
Back: Cardboard, lemon
Burns clean?: Yes
Cap: Cork

There's a distinct possibility that this wine is over the hill. I'm having flashbacks to The Great Maderized Wine Tasting. It's a bit more interesting than those debacles, but I feel like I don't have enough interesting flavors here to justify more than a caveat emptor.

Then again, I returned from a long trip today to find at least two pipes had burst and I'm losing water rapidly. So perhaps it is my palate, overinfluenced by my mind, that is out of tune, not the wine. I think I'll open something else, just to be sure...